At Sonja Sproul Dentistry, we are continually focused on the health and wellbeing of our team and our patients. To ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone, we have followed the direction of the CDC and American Dental Association by implementing the following and have also identified some ways in which you can help ensure a safe and healthy environment:
What we are doing
• We will be reviewing screening questions with each patient on the phone prior to your appointment and again when you arrive for your appointment.
• Each patient will have their temperature taken at check-in and provided with a mask if they do not have one.
• Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
• Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE will be changed out with each patient appointment.
• We have been and will continue with our current strict infection protocols for prevention of disease transmission. In addition, the surface disinfectants and sterilization methods are approved for killing SARS-CoV-2.
• The chairs, tables and doors in the reception area are being wiped down every hour.
• We have removed items from the office that patients frequently touch both in our waiting room and treatment rooms. If you do not see something that you need, please just ask.
• We are implementing special appointment times for our most vulnerable patients.
• We are offering special appointment times for patients to condense multiple appointments into one block to limit the number of times required to come into the office.
• Certain dental procedures create large amounts of aerosols, which can cause high risk for disease transmission. To reduce these aerosols, we will be using improved high-volume evacuation techniques, use of rubber dams and other isolation methods, and HEPA air filtration.
What you can do
• Please wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer station at the front door prior to check in.
• Please leave family members at home to limit the number of people in the practice.
• If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later.
• Maintain social distancing with 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team.
• If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call us and let us know.
Tell your friends and family about your visit. We will provide the same healthy environment for them to have any necessary treatment completed. We will continue to reach out and update you on a regular basis through various forms of contact. Please follow us on our Facebook page, Sonja Sproul Dentistry, for up-to-date information, as well as tips and resources on how to maintain your oral hygiene at home during these times.
We look forward to seeing all our wonderful patients again and thank you for your understanding,